Think the Champions League but for FPL. A whole season worth of entertainment, The Pro Cup is a great addition to any members season.
Open to All Things FPL Pro members, pit yourself against the best of the community as 160 members go head to head in a season long competition. Consisting of 10 groups, 16 members and/or contributors will be randomly entered into each group with the top six automatically progressing to the knockout stage where one member will win the ultimate glory of being crowned the 2017/18 Pro Cup winner. All Things FPL Pro Membership is free to join so what’s stopping you? Become part of the best FPL community today via this link.
Members can register for the Pro Cup via the registration form found here and also within in the community area of the site. Registration will close at 09:00 BST on the 04/08/2017 or earlier if all places are filled so hurry and join in the fun today.
A full write up of the all the cup action will be released every gameweek as part of IAP’s fantastic ATFPL Weekly to keep everyone in the know. Good luck!
Please find below a brief explanation of the format;
- 10 groups.
- 16 members in each group.
- Each member plays each other twice (30 matchdays in total).
- Top six members qualify automatically to the knockout stage.
- The next best eight members go into a playoff with four progressing to the knockout phase.
Please make a note of the key dates throughout the competition;
- Gameweek 1 through 30 – Group phase
- Gameweek 31 – Playoffs
- Gameweek 32 – Break
- Gameweek 33 – Last 64 knockout round
- Gameweek 34 – Last 32 knockout round
- Gameweek 35 – Last 16 knockout round
- Gameweek 36 – Quarter Finals
- Gameweek 37 – Semi Finals
- Gameweek 38 – The Final
The points system will be based on the following;
- 3 points for a win
- 1 points for a draw
The winner of the match is determined by whoever scored the most points with their Fantasy Premier League squad. Points hits will be taken into account when tallying the gameweek score.
- Groups will consist of 16 members and/or contributors each.
- Members will be randomly entered into a group.
- The top six from each group will qualify for the knockout stages.
- The next best eight members determined by points scored will be entered into the playoff round.
- Goal difference is used when two members are on the same points to determine the league positions.
- Where two members have the same number of points and have identical goal differences, the member’s total Fantasy Premier League points score at that point in time will be used to determine the league position.
- The eight qualifiers will have no seeding with the draw made at random.
- The four successful members will join the 60 group qualifiers as the four lowest ranked members remaining. The order of the seeding will be determined by the members current Fantasy Premier League points score at that point in time.
- The 60 qualifiers from the group stage will be seeded based on the total number of points scored during the group stage.
- Where a tie occurs, goal difference will be used to determine the seeding position. Where both the members points scored and goal difference is the same, the members Fantasy Premier League overall score at that point in time will be used to determine the seeding position.
- The first knockout round will be calculated based on the seeding with the highest rank member playing the lowest rank member and so on until the draw for all 32 matches is made.
- After the first knockout round the subsequent rounds will be made at random.
Share this Article